Only Kenyan citizens (including dual citizens) who reside and have studied in Kenya may apply through the UWC National Committee of Kenya. The selection process is highly competitive and rigorous! Make sure to follow all instructions carefully and submit your application materials on time.
A full application package consists of:
- Completed and signed UWC Kenya Application form found here
- Two letters of recommendation (one letter has to come from a teacher from your high school)
- Complete official transcripts for the last two years of high school
- KCSE results slip (if applicable). You can submit your application and attach a soft copy or screenshot of your KCSE results slip. However, a hard official copy of the same will be required at a later stage.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport bio page (if you have one).
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
- Fill in and submit your Application Form.
The form consists of a few short essay questions and some personal information.
All application forms are carefully read by a team of trained reviewers who are all familiar with the UWC movement and are looking for candidates with the potential to thrive in the unique environment of a United World College. Each application form is read by at least four reviewers and between them, they draw up a short-list of candidates to proceed to the next stage.
- If your application is successful you will be invited to proceed to the second stage of selections (assessment day). During the day you will have the opportunity to interact with ex-students from all the colleges, ask questions and generally get a feel for whether you would enjoy studying at a United World College. Please do note that because of the high quality of applications we receive, many strong applications will not be short-listed.
Please submit all the above materials and the completed application form to email@example.com with the subject line 'UWC Kenya 2020 Application' on or before 20th January, 2020.